Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

April 26, 2010

Your help is needed...

Dear readers:

I am usually posting something a bit more entertaining, but I hope you will not mind me putting out a very special request. I have a friend, another woman, who is experiencing great difficulty in her life right now, and could dearly use our help. She desperately needs an expensive repair to her car, or another automobile so she can continue to work and support herself.

Our list is nearly 500 women strong, and I am asking any who can afford to help to do so. I think this is an opportunity for us to make a difference in one woman's life, and it is something I know she would never ask for herself. As well, it is not something that I alone can do for her.

If you would like to help, I have a separate paypal account in which we can gather funds, and donations can be sent to me using the email address njamar@alainjamar.com. Please put the words "auto fund" in the message line. If you would like to send a check to help, you may drop it by the store or mail it to the address shown below. If you send a check, please make it payable to me, Nancy Jamar, and I will see that it goes to the fund. Do not make checks out to Gilding the Lily, as this is not related to my business. This is a personal plea for help for a dear friend. If anyone has a car they would like to donate, please contact me directly at (714) 349-2069 on my cel phone.

Our hearts are so often torn by the plight of people who are far away from us, the victims of natural disasters and so on. We have the opportunity here to help someone close by who has no where else to turn. She will probably be mad as a hornet that I am doing this, but we are all she has right now. Please help if you are able.


To mail a donation:
305 N. Harbor Blvd. Suite 101
Fullerton, CA 92832

2 comments:

PeregrineBlue said...

i am still away in chile but will have my daughter transfer funds from my paypal account as soon as i talk to her. i know how totally crippling being without a car can be. hope this tiny token of support will help your friend. blessings,
constanza

Anonymous said...

Limitless compassion and love give you such a shining aura. May it always be returned to you a hundredfold.

Meekie