Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

September 14, 2011

More from the road...

We loved our trip up north, and especially checking in on favorite spots recommended by Colleen. Although we only got to a few of the eateries she recommended, we did stop in at one that particularly caught our eye, since the word "fries" was mentioned...



They were just as scrumptious as she said, crisp and served with bleu cheese dressing on the side. We paired it with cold beer and that was lunch, sitting outside on the little patio and planning our next move. We definitely wanted to pop in and see Marcia at Cottage Jewel, whom we had met at the show last year. I gotta tell you, I love this gal! What fun energy she has, great humor, and what a beautiful store. We were floored by the abundance of well, everything! And though I wanted to take everything home with me, I settled on a few small items and little surprise for Dede...


It was easy to see she had fallen in love with "Baby," but had settled for snapping a few pictures. Marcia and I conspired to get it into my shopping bag, and the deed was done. Baby, perhaps renamed by now, is surely gracing Dede's studio as a remembrance of our little trip.

Everyone knows I am foolish over pearls, and gravitated to the baroques that were hanging in Marcia's case...



And both Dede and I were simply swooning over the silver and quadruple that was massed in a nearby cabinet...



Since we knew we were on a timeline, we walked the main streets of darling Danville and popped into a few more shops, taking in sights like this...



I have to say, I felt a bit like the country mouse after seeing all this splendor, but there was no time to ponder all the possibilities for my little store, where I shall be today after a full week away. We were off to set up for the show and reunite with Iva, Colleen and other friends and artists...

More to come!

No comments: