Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

October 26, 2008

All hallows, hail...

It is getting very close to that scary, skittish day ~ and no, I am not talking about the election. Soon, ghosts and goblins will wander our street in good numbers. The old houses and tall jacarandas that line the street seem to invite more than the ordinary number of trick-or-treaters, and so we entertain hundreds and hundreds of them each year. I remember one banner year after we had moved here, when we gave out 700 pieces of candy, and then had to close the door.

I recently went through tubs in the attic and found some of the costumes I had sewn for Nathalie when she was small. It was a labor of love, and something I looked forward to doing each year. Now she hands out the candy, taking turns with her dad and I, exclaiming over this costume or that, or the tiny babies that are carried to the door to claim their prize.

I couldn't resist sharing this little gem with you all...I found it through a stock photography resource that we subscribe to through our business. Usually I am searching for images for brochures or collateral we are working on, but I noticed they had a "vintage" category and decided to check it out. Imagine my delight when I found this little prankster....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!
xoxo
Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those days....this darling child is precious...
my costumes were never that great.
Thanks for posting it. Kathy

Dede Warren said...

Hey girlfriend,

Tag, your it! Go take a peek at my blog for the official rules. Don't hate me for including you in on the fun!