Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

August 29, 2011

My Mouli...

My sister is in the shedding mode, and gifted me with this old Mouli grater, something I have wanted for a long time. I've seen modern versions used in some restaurants, but this weathered one with it's little red handle is all the more dear to me. The hasp lifts up and you pop in a piece of grating cheese into the little compartment.
It took a turn with this chilled pasta salad last week, effortlessly churning out a cascade of fine peccorino romano at the finish. The French company, Moulinex, still makes these little graters, but if you have a yen for an old one like this, check out the online sites, and you'll most likely find one.

No comments: