We took a two week "break" from having the store open, prepared to dig in and do the heavy work it needed. The addition of a beautiful little organic cafe next door to us came with the unwelcome addition of sanding dust and construction mess flowing through the common vent in our old building, and everything needed to come down and be dusted. And I mean everything.
Nathalie and I touched every bolt of ribbon, every flower, button and bead. Oy, what a mess, But after two weeks (and one day off, thank goodness), we were pleased with the result...a cleaner store, a clarified look, and better organization. We actually took two big tubs of ribbon OUT of the store and put it into storage to get the look we wanted.
One thing I wished for an got was this...
Beautiful, bare manzanita branches that Alain mounted so they look like they are growing right out of the wall. You see them here with little paper lanterns, but we have already added silver bullion flowers, and more. He also rewired lamps and chandeliers, and we moved a few cases around. Come and see!