Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

January 02, 2013

Cold, windy, and wonderful...

I am sitting at my computer lovely the blustery wind outside. It is still dark, and the wind is making a soughing noise as it races between our houses and fills the awnings with air and then races on. The fortuitous placement of a heater vent right at my feet keeps my toes cozy and billows warm air up around me as the thermostat turns the heater on from time to time.



I spent a fair amount of time here in this seat yesterday, working on the web site, creating a new category, tweaking others, and editing photos. Not the most glamorous work, but it needed to be done, and in truth, I took a lot of satisfaction in getting to a number of things that were high on my list. Max "helped" me for a while, and then collapsed, exhausted from his efforts...


He is eating some kibble right now, so I am taking advantage of his absence and getting some keyboarding done before he comes back to "help" again, which usually involves him sitting on the keyboard, sometimes turning on the voice over function (that's a fun one), and doing a little creative editing in Photoshop. He has once managed to make my entire dock with all the applications disappear from view. Quite the talented fellow.

It feels like a good start to the new year, one which I had trouble believing was already here. The holidays seemed to race by, and I spent more time in the store than I had planned, but it was time well spent. Now I have a little block of two more days to hustle on some projects, clear Christmas away at home and at Gilding, and get ready to dive back into life.

Uh oh, the furry little man is back...better make a dash for the publish button! Happy New Year!

No comments: