Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

December 23, 2007

There's Hope!

Dede Warren assures me that my first effort is not the blight on the blogisphere I thought it might be, and has offered to help me make some improvements! I am surrounded by the most wonderful people...

Today will hold little time for blogging or creating, as Christmas is picking up speed and bearing down on me. I will however, take time to march myself (50% coupon in hand) down to Michaels and pick up another couple of my favorite finding organizers and plop them into place in my big drawers in the studio. The, off to the hardware store, the storage, the office and hopefully a little visit with my daughter before she drives back up to Los Angeles for work this afternoon. That reminds me, I should put folding her laundry on my short list so it is ready to go. Funny how the things that used to nag at me (and make me nag at her!) when she was still at home, make me feel nostalgic now, and I don't mind doing them at all...

The weather is so beautiful today, with that blindingly beautiful California sun that always seems to accompany Christmas. I dropped off some homemade pesto at our neighbor's last night, and we are going to go for a Christmas-Eve-Day-Breakfast with Tony and Judi, both local artists. We'll add our perennial bachelor friend "Big Ed" into the equation, and ease into the day before with scrambled eggs and chatter.

I must go and look for allen wrenches now. A desk or two needs to come down before two beautiful teak tables can come in the door of my little space, and it's not going to happen by me sitting here looking at them. Cheers to all out there, and the season's best wishes...!

No comments: