Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

January 12, 2008

Up and running...sort of.

With the help of family and friends, Gilding will be open for business today, albeit in a modified form. The findings and chain are in place, some jewelry in the case, and the ribbons are back on their shelves. I never thought I would suffer such separation anxiety over having it all packed up. And believe me, there is still room for plenty of fretting, as I try and sort through those last minute boxes where all manner of things were thrown in.

I am picking up my official sales receipts today at the printer, opting not to buy the expensive ones from the office supply any more. Can't wait to swing by the printers on my way to yet another trip to the storage, this time in search of buttons and such. I seem never to be without a list in my hands lately, in an effort both to accomplish as much as possible, and to avoid forgetting stuff as well. After emptying out the truck this morning, I will fill it with things to take to the store and start working early.

Alain is also up early this morning, working on a cup of coffee, feeding the dogs and most likely gazing at what will be his new office here at the house. The lighting is in, complete with dimmers, and we're hoping the drywall and patching will be finished today. It really has come together fast, and we hope to complete the move for both businesses in another week.

I have my camera with me and hope to take some pictures today of the work in progress, both at home and the new store location. Yesterday never let me hae a moment to pull it out of my purse, but perhaps today...

No comments: