Since you asked:

"Therefore, to be possess'd with double pomp, to guard a title that was rich before, to gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

~William Shakespeare,
ca. 1595

Yup, that's us.

February 21, 2011

Old friends and new...

We just got a huge load of stampings in, stuff I had been waiting for and anticipating. Lots of restocks were needed, and I spent hours with the huge catalogs with awful pictures, trying to figure out what to add to the selection in the drawers. I always feel like its a bit of a crap shoot, since some of the images are so bad it's hard to tell what some of the details are. I got lucky! Below are some of the fab new pieces we got, including the beautiful fleur de lis at center, and scads of new connectors and filigrees.

There's even a sweet little bird that is new to the store, and another Damascene styled connector shown at bottom right. The huge fleur de lis that everyone loves is back in stock, and lots of the crosses we've been out of for some time. We even found some new religious medals that we love...a heart shaped medal depicting an ex voto heart with flames, and a sweet little round medal with the dove of the holy spirit. I haven't had time to create with them yet, but know they will be wonderful. But my favorite of all is the piece shown below...

Isn't it awesome? I love the detail in the crest, the flora, and most of all, the Neoclassic ribbonry at the bottom. Swoon!

I am still infatuated with my riveting tool and had to turn this fab button into a ring this morning. Finding the right bezel was the hardest part, and I love how it turned out...the button is really dimensional, and as far as I am concerned, anything that has cut steel on it passes the test! What's on your work table this week?


4 comments:

Judy said...

I love your new stampings and the ring is just gorgeous!

Garter Mademoiselle said...

I am so in love with that ring. That antique button is fantastic.

Leslie said...

Wow! Such beautiful stampings, and I love that ring!

Barbara said...

Swoon is right! I love it all. How do you do it? Barbara